NORSK is a Nordic Spa. A Nordic Spa relies on a thermal cycle, offering a ritual with three main components.
The first is heat, which comes in the form of steaming hot pools, hot saunas, and eucalyptus-saturated steam rooms.
Then comes the cold, administered via a quick plunge in an outdoor pool, or even a roll in the snow.
The third element is a surprise to many: public dozing!
A cycle looks like this:
• Hot for 10-20 minutes
• Cold for 10 to 15 seconds
• Relaxation for 20 minutes
• Repeat as desired, at least three cycles
The combination of steam, water, fire, and nature in the company of others opens the door to a different kind of renewal.
It’s physical. It’s social. It’s spiritual. It heals.
Thermal Cycle Benefits
Improves Physical Health
• Promotes improved physical health
• Improves athletic performance
• Soothes muscle aches and pains
• Encourages better sleep
• Stimulates the immune system
• Deeply cleanses the body by eliminating toxins
• Cleans, tones, and tightens the skin
• Improves blood circulation
• Improves breathing
• Encourages improved nutrient absorption
• Improves digestion
• Slows body aging
Improves Mental Health & Mindfulness
• Reduces accumulated stress and tension
• Encourages relaxation and reduces fatigue
• Improves memory and mental alertness
• Creates peace of mind
• Improves resilience to face setbacks & challenges of daily life
• Increases ability to recognize opportunity
Hygge is recognition of the joy and meaning we can find in ordinary experiences.
• Less depression and anxiety
• Increased feelings of self-worth
• Increased optimism
• Lowered stress
• Greater sense of mindfulness
• Improved self-compassion
• Increased practice of gratitude